Time & Location
Time: Commences Sunday the 6th of October 2019, 13:00pm to 16:00pm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for beginner level.
- Sewing class for small groups.
- Course led by Aberdeen Sewing Machines very experienced Sewing Tutor Anne Fell.
- Insert a regular & invisible zip, sew various hems & use a blind hemming foot.
- Learn how to sew a basic strong seam to produce a tidy manufactured finish.
- How to insert a regular zip.
- How to insert an invisible zip.
- How to sew a hem suitable for jeans or casual trousers and a narrow hem suitable for a dress or skirt.
- How to use a blind hemming foot
What you will make:
- Samples of the techniques.
- Make a little pouch for your sewing bits n bobs ۪.
What you will need:
- One half metre of medium weight cotton fabric and matching thread for the pouch and sample pieces.
- Sewing machine.
- One regular zip & an invisible one – Both 7 inches (18cm).
- Sewing equipment including zipper foot and hand sewing needle.
- Blind hemming foot if you have one.
Where possible students can make use of scraps from other projects or recycle clothing or textiles for exemplars of techniques. Alternatively, ASM carries a small stock of fabrics for making those items that will be treasured and not thrown out.
If you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com