Time & Location
Time: Commences Sunday the 12th of May 2019, 13:00pm ��� 16:00pm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for beginner level.
- Sewing class for small groups.
- Course��led by Aberdeen Sewing Machines very experienced Sewing Tutor Anne Fell.
- You will have some experience sewing woven fabrics and are now progressing to stretch fabrics.
- The various stretch stitches on your machine.
- How to sew seams and finish edges.
- The correct needles and threads to use.
- When a walking foot is appropriate.
- When a rotary cutter and weights are appropriate.
What you will make:
- Samples of the Stretch techniques.
- A pencil skirt whilst the tutor completes a staged demonstration, to which you ���sewalong�.�� No pattern required.�� Using your measurements for waist, hip and length, you will draft out your own pattern straight on the fabric.
What you will need:
- 1 metre wide jersey fabric. Choose a stable double jersey or a ponte di roma jersey as these are less flimsy so easier to handle.
- 1 metre of 2.5 cm (1�) elastic for your waist.
- Polyester thread
- Sewing machine and equipment.
- Instruction book.
If you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com