Pfaff – 821063096 – Perfect 1/4″inch Foot for IDT�� System
The Perfect �_” Foot is designed to help you achieve a �_”(6mm) or scant �_” (5.9mm) seam when piecing. The needle hole in the foot is oval shaped allowing you to adjust the needle position. The distance between the center needle position and the guide is less than �_� (6mm).
The Perfect �_” Foot is also wonderful for topstitching. Adjust the needle position and use the guide to place your stitching exactly where you want it on your blocks, garments or home decor projects.
- Snap-on the Perfect �_� Foot. *
- Engage the IDT�� system
- Select a straight stitch. a. For a �_” (6mm) seam; adjust the needle position two steps to the left. b. For a scant �_” seam; select a centered needle position.
- Place the fabric pieces right sides together under the presser foot, aligning the edges of the fabric with the guide on the foot.
- Sew the fabric pieces together guiding the fabric so that the edges touch the guide.
- Press the seam allowance and measure the block.
Note: Depending on the weight of your fabric and thread it may be necessary to adjust the needle position to achieve your desired seam allowance. Move the needle to the right to decrease the seam allowance and to the left to increase it. You can safely move the needle three steps in either direction but not more.
* Do not use the Straight stitch plate when using the Perfect �_� Foot.
- Snap-on the Perfect �_” Foot.
- Engage the IDT�� System.
- Select a straight stitch, triple straight stitch or the mock hand quilting stitch.Adjust the needle position as desired if needed.
- Place the project under the presser foot so that the guide on the foot runs in the ditch of the seam or along the edge of the fabric. Sew.
Note: Red markings on the Perfect �_” Foot help you align the fabric when you start sewing, at corners and at the end of your fabric.
For all machines with manual presser foot lifters: When using any of the optional quilt feet with guides and sewing with the needle set to stop in the down position, it is recommended that the presser foot be lifted only as high as necessary for pivoting. Lifting the foot to the extra high position can cause the needle holder to touch the guide on the presser foot. The foot could become dislodged, causing damage to the needle and or the foot.