Pfaff – 820977096 – Grand Piping Foot for IDT�� System
Perfect for inserting thick home dec piping into seams or wherever you�۪d like to add a finishing touch! The Grand Piping Foot is used to cover large cords with fabric for specialty piping and insert the piping into seams or edges for a tailored finish. The trim is sewn between the two layers of fabric in one step. You can also create your own piping for a custom finish. This foot can be snapped on to the right or the left of the needle which makes it possible to both create and sew the piping into the seam and to beautifully topstitch along the piping.
- Remove the presser foot. Attach the Bias Binder.
- Cut the beginning of the bias tape at a diagonal.
- Feed the tape into the scroll of the binder and pull out to the back.
- Adjust the binder and/or the needle position so that the needle pierces the fabric approximately 1 – 1.5mm (1/16 inch) from the folded edge of the bias tape.
- Stitch about 25mm (1 inch) along the Bias Tape.
- Insert the edge of the fabric to be bound between the Bias Tape edges into the slot of the binder. The Bias Tape will enclose the raw edge automatically during sewing.
TIP: Using a zigzag or fancy stitch will give you even more of a decorative effect.