Embellish your project with different types of trims by using the Decorative Trim Foot. This foot will easily guide the trims through the opening at the front and through the groove under the presser foot.
- Thread your machine with a regular sewing thread or decorative thread on top and regular sewing thread in the bobbin.
- Select a straight stitch, zigzag stitch or decorative stitch. Avoid using stitches with side motion and stitches with too much motion forward and back.
Tip: For the 6mm wide trims, you can also use a 6mm twin needle. Select a straight stitch and it will sew at the edges of the trim.
- Place the trim in the presser foot as the picture shows.
- Snap on the Decorative Trim Foot.
- Engage IDT system.
- Sew carefully, not too fast. If your machine has the sew slow function, engage it. (You might need stabilizer underneath the fabric)
- The best result is achieved if you use flat trims, such as silk, velvet, satin or cotton ribbons.