Pfaff – 820531096 – Twin Welting Foot
The Twin Welting Foot is used to make trim for your home dec projects like pillows, cushions and other home accessories. You can also make trim to cover raw edges on your upholstery, which you can then attach with a staple gun. It’s quick and easy to make and insert welt cording. The Welting Foot works the same way as the Piping Foot but is designed for larger sizes of cording. Create your own trim when the color you want isn‘t available!
Make bias strips long enough to cover the cords and wide enough to wrap around the two cords plus seam allowance.
- Place the cords on the wrong sides of the bias strip – side to side – and wrap the fabric around the cords.
- Place the fabric and cord under the presser foot with the right cord under the left groove of the foot, and the raw edges to the right.
- Adjust to center needle position – straight stitch and stitch length 3.
- Keep the cords against the fold as you sew.
- Trim the fabric close to the seam and press seam allowance to the left.
- Wrap the excess fabric to the center back of the cord.
- Put the covered cord under the two grooves of the presser foot and sew it onto your sewing project.