Time & Location
Time: Commences Sunday the 4th of November 2018, 10:30pm – 16:30pm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for beginner level.
- Sewing class for small groups.
- Course led by Aberdeen Sewing Machines knowledgeable tutor Jane Clark.
- Waistcoat made of tweed, tartan, smart or fun fabric. Make an everyday outfit a pleasure to wear
- Learn how to measure and cut fabric.
- How to sew seams and create childs waistoat
- How to attach buttons and create buttonholes
- Learn how to place and apply any embellishments such as piping for a professional finish.
What you will make:
- Make a wasitcoat in the material of your choice.
What you will need:
- Our tutor can supply a ready traced pattern if know the size required. Smallest fits 12 months, largest approx. age 10-12. Fabric requirements will depend on size. Please get in touch for more information. The main fabric can be used for both the fronts and the back, or, if you don’t have enough, the back can be made from another fabric
- In addition you will need fabric for the lining this will be determined along with the size for the main material..
- Sewing machine.
- Iron-on interfacing will be supplied on the day
- Matching thread & buttons
- A thimble if you use one, sharp scissors, pins
If you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com