Time & Location
Time: Commences Sunday the 22nd of September 2019, 13:00pm to 16:00pm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for beginner level.
- Sewing class for small groups.
- Course led by Aberdeen Sewing Machines very experienced Sewing Tutor Anne Fell.
- Buttons and Buttonholes (Machine & Hand techniques) – make a cushion cover with buttons and buttonhole fastening.
- Learn how to sew a basic cushion cover.
- How to measure, place & insert a regular button hole.
- How to place and sew buttons correctly both by machine and hand.
What you will make:
- Samples of the techniques.
- Make a cushion to take home
What you will need:
- One half metre of medium weight cotton fabric and matching thread for the cushion and sample pieces.
- Sewing machine.
- A selection of buttions.
- Sewing equipment including buttonhole foot and hand sewing needle.
- Button sewing foot if you have one.
Where possible students can make use of scraps from other projects or recycle clothing or textiles for exemplars of techniques. Alternatively, ASM carries a small stock of fabrics for making those items that will be treasured and not thrown out.
If you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com