Time & Location
Time: Commences Tuesday 29th January 2019, 7:00pm – 21:00pm for 8 weeks to the 26th of March 2019
Includes 1 Week Break – Tuesday the 12th of February for School Midterm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for confident beginners level.
- Sewing classes for small groups. Classes run in blocks during school term time in an informal setting where you can learn new dressmaking skills or build on existing ones.
- Price of event relates to the full block payment.
There will be friendly advice on how to:
- Understand a paper pattern with process markings included.
- Take accurate measurements to ensure a good fit.
- Complete a simple garment.
- Handle thicker fabrics like wool.
What you will make:
- A new year and new project. This term we will focus on sewing a cape made from wool or a wool mix to take us from winter to spring
- The pattern allows for lots of variations (hacks). We will discuss those on the first night. The amount of fabric needed will depend on length but 1.75 is enough for average height
- The project will last 8 weeks and there will be an option if time allows to sew a “quick make” e.g. a skirt or top to match the cape
- Choice of pattern for the “quick make” can be decided later as you may have leftover fabric suitable for a skirt or you may decide to buy new fabric in a matching colour for a top.
What you will need week 1:
- The pattern suggested or similar.
- Scissors for paper cutting.
- Fabric and cutting out
- Interfacing – 50cm lightweight fusible.
- Sewing machine and equipment.
if you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries the please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com