The Juki PLC-1700 Series with a thread trimmer utilizes a basic performance which matches best to the sewing of heavy materials such as car seats and furniture. The vertical strokes of the presser foot and walking foot (amount of alternating vertical movement of the walking foot and presser foot) can be easily changed using the large dial mounted on the top of the machine head.
Increased efficiency of feed
The alternating vertical movement mechanism prevents irregular stitches
- The Juki PLC-1700 Series comes with JUKI’s unique alternating vertical movement mechanism, where the presser foot’s amount of alternating vertical movement does not change even when the material weight changes.
- The amount of alternating vertical movement of the presser foot does not decrease even when a heavy-weight material is sewn. Therefore, the efficiency of the walking foot does not decrease so as to prevent uneven material feed.
- The amount of alternating vertical movement is adjustable up to 6.5mm according to the weight of the material or any multi-layered part of it
Powerful rectangular-feed mechanism
- JUKI’s unique feed mechanism has been employed to eliminate stitch gathering, which is likely to occur with the conventional feed mechanism (elliptical-feed).
- The rectangular-feed locus produces an increased efficiency of feed with consistency from the beginning to the end of sewing.
- Since the feed dog’s amount of lift is small, material flop.