Time & Location
Time: Commences Sunday the 26th of May 2019, 10:00pm ��� 16:00pm
Location: Aberdeen Sewing Machines Ltd, 39 Baker St, Aberdeen AB25 1UR, UK
About The Event:
- Suitable for beginner level.
- Sewing class for small groups.
- Course��led by Aberdeen Sewing Machines knowledgeable tutor Jane Clark.����
- Waistcoats can smarten up an outfit or make it fun! A waistcoat made in tweed, tartan or a smart fabric can dress up an outfit for a special occasion such as a wedding or a party. Use fun fabrics and it will make an everyday outfit a pleasure to wear. This is a class for everyone, so come and enjoy.�� If you can use a sewing machine to sew with a straight stitch you will have no problems ��� guaranteed!
- Accurate pattern transfer, cutting and sewing.
- Turning waistcoat out through the lining.
- Making buttonholes.
- Sewing buttons with a shank.
- Pressing techniques.
What you will make:
- A fully lined, button up waistcoat.
What you will need:
- In addition to the main fabric you will need lining material and interfacing.�� Interfacing can be supplied at cost price on the day.
- The main fabric can be used for both the fronts and the back, or, if you don�۪t have enough, the back can be made from another fabric. You will also need buttons, matching thread, sharp scissors, pins.
- Matching thread & buttons
If you do not have a sewing machine please contact Aberdeen Sewing Machines on 01224 478555 and we will organise for one to be available. If you have any other queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch on 01224 478555 or Sales@aberdeensewing.com